Tuesday, November 5, 2013

7 TIMES

Erica uses a passionate tone which grabs people's emotions and makes want to act purely on those emotions. A similar tactic was used in "Kony 2012". The problem is there are so many questions that are left unanswered. Never does she mention how similar the toy gun resembles the real one or how many cops fired there weapons. Also, I don't think she understands that the officers were in a high intensity situation and feared for their life when the kid pointed the gun at them. Personally I don't think it had anything to do with race. Race is something that is often brought up when stuff like this happens and it just adds fire to the flame. As I hear about this article, I think of the situation, not the race of the victim or officers. The only thing that I can understand Erica to be mad at is the fact that the kid was shot 7 times, but who knows, maybe there were 3 officers and they all shot two times. There were just to many things left unanswered in her response.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. You see the media only tells you what they want you to hear. They limit you and in some way I guess that is a good thing, because they make you search for the information. I believe there was a site or two on my post, check it out and Javier Solis's post and view on it may help you understand the case better. You are right it might not have been about race, but that does not mean we eliminate the possibility right? Since the media does not offer us much we must analyze everything, from the number of police that fired, to Andy's possible intentions. Was it fear that drove the motives? Did Andy walk away or hold his rifle up to the cops? We just do not know. Nice job though I like hearing other people's opinion.

    ReplyDelete